Your support for the Lake Erie Foundation will allow us to:
- Be a strong VOICE to help reduce harmful algae in Lake Erie now and to sustain its future.
- Ensure a 40% nutrient reduction in the western and central Lake Erie basins by 2025.
- Require manure to have the same phosphorus limits as commercial fertilizer (currently almost four times as much is allowed to place on fields).
- Support technology that reduces nutrient runoff from manure, field tiles, ditches, wastewater treatment plants, and failing septic systems to minimize nutrients flowing into Lake Erie
- Work with all Lake Erie stakeholders on issues that sustain and improve Lake Erie water quality and habitat, including efforts to address Asian Carp.
Support funding for Great Lakes protection and restoration efforts, including the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI).